Carménère Gran Reserva 2020, Tarapaca

Carménère Gran Reserva 2020, Tarapaca
Categories: White Wines, Blends
Brand: Tarapaca
14.95 GBP
Buy Now

The grapes were harvested during the last week of April. Once they arrived at the winery, they underwent a pre-fermentative maceration at 12ºC to extract concentrated aromas and flavours. Then the alcoholic fermentation took place, followed by a 10-day post-fermentative maceration to extract the maximum colour and tannins. Finally the wine was racked into barrels to age. There it also underwent malolactic fermentation. 80% of the wine was aged for 12 months in French and American oak barrels (20% new and 80% used) and the other 20% of the wine was kept in stainless steel tanks to retain the primary fruit component of the blend.